Evolv Pty Ltd takes its obligations about the privacy of our client information very seriously. We understand our legal and professional obligations about ensuring client information should be kept confidential at all times. The following describes, in detail, how we intend to fulfil these obligations.
- Evolv is bound by the Privacy Amendment Act 1998, the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Please note that if at any time Evolv is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, we must cooperate fully.
What Type of Information Does Evolv Collect and Hold?
- Personal, and possibly, sensitive information is collected from individuals and their associated administrator, accountant or advisor for the purpose of providing you with superannuation audit services.
Examples of this information are:
- Name, address, date and place of birth
- Tax File Number
- Employment Details
- Financial information such as bank account details and investment details
- Telephone number and email addresses
What Happens If You Do Not Provide The Information?
The nature of the services provided by Evolv is that certain personal information is required in order to ensure that the best taxation outcome is achieved for the individual and/or their Superannuation Fund. Failure to provide the information may compromise the ability of Evolv to achieve this goal.
Why And How Does Evolv Collect The Information?
- Evolv collects personal information about the Superannuation Fund trustees and members so that it may carry out audits of the Superannuation Funds in order to comply with relevant superannuation legislation.
- Evolv may collect personal information from you directly or via your representatives (accountants, advisors or administrators) using various means including via written forms, email, verbally or our secure portal on our website. You consent to Evolv collecting your personal information in these ways when the information is used for the purposes of carrying out a Superannuation Fund audit.
- Evolv also uses the personal information in our possession to send you material (either via e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or you do not want to receive such material any more, please notify us by using the contact information below.
To Whom Does Evolv Disclose Your Personal Information?
- Evolv will not provide your personal information to any internal entity or any Third Party other than to the party who provided your information to us initially or in direct relation to the provision of the services for which you engage Evolv. For example, Evolv may engage contractors to carry out some or part of your audit activities on behalf of Evolv and you consent to Evolv doing so. In all circumstances Evolv ensures that any contractors used are contractually obligated to comply with the Privacy Act (1988) and the Australian Privacy Principles regarding the handling of personal information and provides training to achieve this. Further, all information is stored on secure data servers located in Australia to ensure that your information is kept secure at all times.
- Evolv will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless it is for the purpose of providing our services to you.
- Evolv may, from time to time, provide your personal information to Government agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, Australian Investment and Securities Commission etc. However, unless directed by law, it will only do so in providing the services you engage us to provide you.
How Will Evolv Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
- Personal information is stored electronically on secure data servers located within Australia and is only used for the purpose of providing our services to you.
- Access to personal information is strictly controlled and only authorised full-time employees of Evolv or their specially contracted staff can access this information.
- All full time and contracted staff are contractually obligated to ensure that personal information remains confidential and receive training to ensure that they remain aware of their obligations.
- Personal information is destroyed once it is no longer required to be stored by Evolv.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
Evolv ensures you are able to gain access, change or remove personal information that we have collected about you. You can do this by contacting us using the information provided below.
How to Contact Us
The Privacy Officer
GPO Box 3789
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 1300 886 536